A little bit spicy, a little bit creamy, this Bacon Horseradish Penne Pasta Salad hits all the right flavor notes! Simple ingredients and easy prep make this pasta salad a sure winner at your next potluck or family gathering. We should know–it won Third Prize in the 2019 Old Farmer’s Almanac Pasta Recipe Contest.
- 1/2 pound penne pasta
- 6 slices bacon, diced and cooked crisp
- 1 cup chopped broccoli, steamed
- 3/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Drain and rinse in cold water.
In a bowl, combine pasta, bacon, broccoli, tomatoes, olives, and onions.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons horseradish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon brown mustard
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a bowl, thoroughly combine mayonnaise, sour cream, horseradish sauce, mustard, and salt and pepper.
Add dressing to salad and stir to combine. Refrigerate salad for at least 1 hour before serving.