When Spring comes around, allergy season gets in full swing. While there are definitely ways to address allergies through medicine, there are also some natural ways to strengthen your immune system to help you fight off the sniffles this Spring. Many of these factors are related, such as lack of sleep and stress, so getting on track in one area of your life can really make a difference all around!
Here are some ways to boost your immune system and stay well!
1. Eat your veggies. Fruits, vegetables and nuts are the key to a healthy diet. So think natural and try to steer clear of sugars and processed foods. And of course, everything is best in moderation...cause sometimes you need a cookie.
2. De-stress. There are plenty of ways to de-stress, but a couple that we recommend are exercise, taking your mind off of things and getting organized. Try some of these techniques to lessen the stress in your life:
Simplify (Part 1)
Simplify (Part 2)
3. Exercise. Most doctors recommend 30 minutes of exercise a day. Now, if you are working in the field, that's definitely burning calories. But it's not a bad idea to take a short walk or even do a workout tape. Thirty minutes can make such a difference!
4. Sleep. Sleep is affected by lots of factors, from exercise to stress levels. It definitely pays to keep a regular sleep routine, even on the weekends. And avoiding caffeine late in the day will help you fall asleep faster. For more on getting a good night of sleep, keep reading.
5. Get outside and enjoy the sun. Vitamin D is great for you and it naturally boosts your immune system. Of course, put on your sunscreen first, but take advantage of the nice sunny days and enjoy foods high in Vitamin D, like fish, eggs and mushrooms.
For even more information, keep reading!